Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wedding 10/9/10

I had my wedding on October 9, 2010.

We were actually already married, but we got hitched at the local courthouse with only ourselves and our son (he was just short of 2 months old at the time) and waited until now to have our real celebration. I'll have to tell our backstory in some detail another time but, in short, we met online, dated (mostly) long distance for a few years, then I got pregnant and we decided the waiting was finally over and made things permanent. (He's Canadian and I'm American, so we were kinda forced to tie the knot to stay together before we were totally ready for the big shindig.)

It ended up being absolutely beautiful for a very low cost. I don't know exactly how much my mom spent (she bought a lot of decorations and flowers) but I believe everything ended up costing around $3500-3700.

My mom's wonderful friend Kim helped so much with the decorating. Here's a shot of the centerpieces that she designed and they a few of us copied her look and threw them together one night. The lanterns and vases were bought at Ikea for super cheap and all the pumpkins came from Hobby Lobby, on sale of course!


Kim created my bouquet:


and she decorated the arch with flowers that are now adorning the front of my house (I'll post pictures of that  when my batteries charge for my camera)

Here's a picture of hubby and I in front of the sign I made with some foam board and card stock from Hobby Lobby. The brown swirls mimic those on our invitations and the easel is actually a garage sale find my hubby picked up:


The cake, with silk flowers put together by Kim:

 We did have the cake made by a local bakery.

And here's a glimpse of Kim holding up my dress in the restroom. The dress was about $650 after alterations, bought on sale at a local bridal shop:



That's my sister, my maid of honor, to the right. My mom found that dress on craigslist for $20 and did a tulle belt and overlay to make it a little more modern.

All photos were taken by members of my new family. My sister-in-law and her husband, and my other sister-in-law's fiance, with a little bit of editing in Photoshop.

It was a beautiful wedding. Small and perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment